- ground mince beef (approx 500g) BUT the more meat… the merrier is my lingo!
- 5 cloves garlic mince
- 1x onion chopped finely
- 1 cup shredded parmesan (add 1/2 cup more if you love cheese… it won’t hurt!!)
- 3 tablespoons parsley (dried
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs (best you can shop buy unless you want to make your own…. I’m not even going to bother explaining how to do that in this recipe)
- 2 cups water (freshly boiled)
- 2 tablespoons of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper to taste …liberally
- Cooking time – 3 minutes maximum.
- 400g chopped tin tomatoes
- a big bottle of Tomato/garlic sauce (Dolmion/ragu/whatever label)
- 1 onion finely diced and chopped so you can’t even see it! Fry this with a dab of olive oil and then add the garlic below for 2/3 minutes maximum.
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed and cooked for a few minutes with the onion.
How to cook:-
- I personally like to fry the onion for approx 3 minutes until they are golden brown then add the garlic for less than 2 minutes under a mild heat. Then take off the heat when all is golden and once cooled down mix with everything below.
- mix the meat, herbs, seasoning, parmesan, breadcrumbs and onion/garlic in a bowl. Wrap into balls, the size of a ping pong ball.
- Put in the fridge for ideally 30 minutes so they set a little.
- Take meatballs out and place into pre heated oven at 200 degrees for max of 12 minutes or until they look a LITTLE bit brown but not crazy “I can’t cook” cooked (you don’t want to over cook!!!) ** Photo below is of pre-cooked rolled balls…
- Then you add the BALLS to your tomato sauce which is made up of tomatoes from a can (yes, I didn’t stand there, crushing them with my feet), also a bottle of tomato sauce you cheat with to make lasagne sauce (or any sauce with tomato and garlic ideally) and cooked onion and always garlic extra (2 more crushed cloves).
- Photo below of cooked meatballs after being in the oven for approx 12-15 minutes at 180-200 degrees. Check the power of your ovens as some are better/stronger/wiser than others.
- Photo above of tomato sauce and meatballs BEFORE they mix!
- Let it all simmer for approx 30/40 mins on a low heat, in a huge dish and then serve that amazing food with pasta, bread or just put on a stick (the only way I could get my 3 year olds to eat the stuff!).
It tastes amazeballs and was eaten in under 5 minutes in our house (that’s including my 3 year old daughter who keeps telling us she doesn’t “eat meat” & The Captain who “hates the bolognaise sauce”. He loved this so I clearly did something right…aside from give him three children, convert to Judaism, move to HK, accept his shit…. the list is endless really. He struck gold with this cookie to be fair…. ).
Anyhow…. enjoy the recipe x
This is my brief blog this week.
BOREDOM. BORED BORED BORED.
For those internet trolls with nothing else to do but attack women…..GET A LIFE. You’re vile, sexually aggressive comments, are a sexual, odd. wierd gesture, which we will ensure we send on to your mama and the Police. No doubt you have records long enough to feed people.
Attacking NON DRINKERS is BORING. YES I SAID IT. I know it sounds bad AND I know I will be attacked by internet trolls for the comment but, IT IS BORING!!! PS. For you trolls who LOVE to attack people like me (especially women on the internet….weirdoes) …get over yourself. I can say what the fuck I want. this is MY site. If you don’t like it… FUCK OFF!!! You are apparently over 18 years old so deal with it. Wierdos. Don’t read my site.
IM NOT DRINKING AND IM BORING THE SHIT OUT OF MYSELF!!! ITS SOOOOO BORING NOT DRINKING. BORING. I can barely leave the house in case I inhale fumes which may tempt me to my nearest bar.
I am going through a period of boredom, and slight, I have to admit, annoyance with my kids, and anyone else’s that get in my way. Again this is due to being sober…… They no longer do what I friggin want them to do and also have discovered how to hurt my feelings in the process (sods).
For example, my three year old turned around and told me she didn’t want me but Daddy to sit with her at dinner (unbeknownst to her that The Captain has the patience of a one day old puppy) While he sat there screaming back and forth that plastic dolphins don’t fly and Mickey Mouse is in fact NOT real (yes, he also told them Christmas is bullshit)…..I walked away to continue with my food fest…
I had already spent hours in the kitchen cooking them fabulous food, and my 3 year old who is no longer a cutie pie but now a judgemental/arsewipe, 3 year old decided “I DONT LIKE CHICKEN”….. despite eating it earlier that day. Because the display was different, this seemed to throw her off on her food. Then, my son decided to spit his food out as he chews it, so he had a pile of what was delicious chicken splatted all across the floor.. Its at this point that I MUST leave the room before I go insane after having cooked for ages with a few different dishes to inspire them, and stab myself with a spoon (plastic kid friendly one from Ikea).
I take the kids to school. Come home and cook a lovely new dish daily, then head off to the gym to work off those post twins juggle belly hideous skin syndrome (plus ONE, as I now have three kids under 3), then collect the monkies from school while they scream at me continuously that one or, the other, is touching their car seat and why oh why isn’t the music louder?
By the time I walk through the front door of my home at 11.34am….. Im ready for a shot of vodka or a mass gym session. So far Ive gone to the gym 5 times this week….. to escape the continues moaning of my 3 year olds. It’s exhausting to take daily. AND, yes…. spoilt me…. I have help.
Today….. it was raining and everyone was tired or hung over (*Captain included) that I decided to cook while eyeing up a bottle of red Shiraz from Margaret River. When the house is quiet…. and I’m left to my own devices…. I cook like a friggin happy demon…… recipes to follow soon (Spaghetti meatballs), prawn curry with brown rice, chicken roulette stuffed with spinach and parmesan and gouda….pork belly with roast potatoes, Stuffed potatoes with chives…. the list is endless and due soon.
In the meantime…. look at what I found in Watsons recently…..”Lamb placenta?” WTF?