Organic Oat & Raisin Cookies
Oat & Raisin Cookies are delicious and if you go organic, you don’t feel as guilty when handing them out to the kids! I made these last year for the first time and after discovering how NOT to make them, this recipe is super easy and everyone will be friggin impressed. I dropped a batch off to our new neighbours all tied up in bows and clear wrap and they thought I’d bought the damn things. If there’s one thing I enjoy its cooking…. and drinking while I cook. It kinda goes hand in hand!
Level for Skill
Any dumbass lazy person can make these cookies. If not, get your kids to do it for you while you neck back that bottle of Vodka and harass the mailman.
- 270g unsalted butter at room temperature (I tend to melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds to speed things up)
- 160g caster sugar organic
- 160g soft dark sugar organic
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla beans scooped out of a pod
- 380g Organic plain flour
- 1 teaspoon low sodium salt
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 110g organic rolled oats
- 220g organic raisins
- Preheat the oven to 170-180 degrees (it depends how strong your oven is).
- Put the butter and sugars in a large bowl and mix either with a handheld electric mixer, or a freestanding one if you have it. Whisk until its creamy and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and keep mixing everything. Turn the speed on your mixer down to a slow speed and add the vanilla seeds.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon in a separate bowl, and then add the oats. Mix everything well and then add the butter mix. Keep mixing and then stir in the raisins with a wooden spoon.
- Prepare your baking trays by wiping some olive oil on a tissue and rubbing it all over the tray. Then sift (very lightly so you can barely see it) some flour. I then line the tray with baking paper too because…I just do!
- Arrange the cookie dough using a teaspoon for small cookies or use a soup spoon for large cookies. Just be sure to leave a good gap between each as once the cookies spread, they will be a lot bigger!
- Bake for approx 12-14 minutes until they are golden brown and firm but not burnt. They can burn very easily so you need to keep watching them bake. Always a good time to pour yourself a large glass of wine and stare at the oven!
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and after a couple of minutes, let them cool down on a wire rack.
Good luck and enjoy!
They’re delicious and wont last more than 2 days tops. The recipe above made approx 25 cookies.
- brunch (1)
- Domestic Helpers (9)
- Holidays with the Kids/Hubby (8)
- IVF (3)
- Meeting people (5)
- Men (7)
- Questions on shopping in Hong Kong, food, baby stuff….? (4)
- Recipes…. I LOVE to cook (19)
- Useful Emergency Numbers (1)
- Weekly updates (85)
- Weekly (29)
- Whats happening in the News & Celebrity gossip! (2)
- January 2017 (2)
- November 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (2)
- August 2016 (1)
- May 2016 (1)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- December 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- November 2013 (1)
- July 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (5)
- May 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (2)
- February 2013 (2)
- January 2013 (1)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (4)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (5)
- April 2012 (2)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (1)
- November 2011 (11)
- October 2011 (3)
- September 2011 (3)
- July 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (3)
- May 2011 (5)
- April 2011 (16)
- March 2011 (9)
- February 2011 (11)
- HELP @Twitter my account has been hacked & keeps following/retweeting random people in Turkey!?? Pls help ASAP!! 8 hours ago
- RT @AkunPolling: Russia (@TeamRussia) vs (@selecaoportugal) Portugal #ConfedCup #RUSPOR #Polling #Poll @FIFAcom 1 day ago
- Another terrorist attack in @FinsburyParkLdn today. Awful :( 3 days ago
- RT @Ceren4rslan: Twitter Takipçi & Beğeni Arttırma Hilesi: sTwity.org/tr/ 6 days ago
- RT @Ceren4rslan: Twitter Takipçi Ve Beğeni Arttırma Hilesi : Web: sTwity.org/tr/ Android: play.google.com/store/apps/det… https://t.co/0R… 6 days ago
- @SavedXgraceblog @ingoodco Ps. I'm a single parent with 3 kids.apparently this isn't "a job" despite daily emotiona… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- @SavedXgraceblog @ingoodco Yep (a) billionaire with own empire built from scratch (b) millionaire (c) always wanted… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- @somedayilllearn Nothing "failed" in this! There's enough pressure on us! Being strong enough 2 chosewhat u want &/… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
This website & the entire contents is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Yummy Yum Twin Mum ... in Hong Kong with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
%d bloggers like this: